Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.

No shouts have been made in the Shoutbox, why don't you add one to get the Shoutbox started?

Photo
- - - - -

'99 Stratus LX 2.5

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 borgwarrior

borgwarrior

Member Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:59 AM

fallout4-100588646-large_1433304156.png

No big projecty stuff, just the everydays of my car.

Will start it as I have some time to write.

#2 borgwarrior

borgwarrior

Member Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

Being a whopping 12 year old in the fall of 1999, me and my father went to the annual car expo in Budapest, Hungary, not really for buying a car, but just looking around. We were always liking cars, dad especially, he had like 50+ to that date, at that time he had a one year old VW Polo 4-door.

So, we were walking among the lines, we saw the Stratus, and immediately fell in love. (Not to mention that the car had a 20% discount because of the show lol) So, after that we went to the dealership and almost immediately bought the car, which was already in the country, only needed to be licenced, and the plates put on it.

To be continued...

#3 Dylan214

Dylan214

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:34 PM

LOL This sounds like my Log.  Check out mine. 

#4 borgwarrior

borgwarrior

Member Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:13 AM

And the day came ('99 November 10), we went to get the car. It was fantastic, the scent of the leather, the overall build quality, and the appearance. $35k well spent.
First stop, gas station, fill her up, and time to go home.

Next morning. The car won't start at all, not even turn over. You got to be kidding us?? Father called the dealership, not on happy terms of course, a brand new car, literally has 15 miles in it, and dies overnight?
So we got a trailer sent to pick up the cloud.
Fast forward an hour or so, it turned out the battery was totally dead, naturally we got a replacement, with apologies.

The following will be a little sketchy for a few years, because nothing extra really happened.
Part three underway, soon with pics.

Edited by borgwarrior, 16 February 2016 - 02:53 AM.

#5 borgwarrior

borgwarrior

Member Level II

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:15 AM

placeholder

Edited by borgwarrior, 26 May 2016 - 03:15 AM.