Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.

No shouts have been made in the Shoutbox, why don't you add one to get the Shoutbox started?

Photo
- - - - -

3.2L SOHC V6 in Stratus?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 98Neon24NA

98Neon24NA

Just joined...

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

Just wondering if anyone had ever tried to put the 3.2L SOHC V6 from a concorde/intrepid into a Stratus.  Out of all of the chrylser v6's of that generation it seems to be the best torque/displacement.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#2 Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster

Radiating awesomeness...

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,964 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

Which generation Stratus? I know that tvago transplanted a 3.5L V6 out of a Pacifica into his 2G Sebring Convertible - height was a significant issue requiring a special hood.

The 3.2 is related to the 3.5 as I recall, so the same height issues are likely.

For the 1G, I believe the 3.0L Mitsu engine from the Eclipse/Stratus/Sebring coupes MAY be doable.

#3 RagingSun

RagingSun

1st gen 3.0 club

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:44 PM

anything can be done with enough time and money. But I am not familiar with the mopar v6 only the Mitsubishi v6 line

#4 StratusMank

StratusMank

Powerful 1G Was He!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

Just wondering if anyone had ever tried to put the 3.2L SOHC V6 from a concorde/intrepid into a Stratus.  Out of all of the chrylser v6's of that generation it seems to be the best torque/displacement.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Depends on which model Stratus you are referring to. No chance on a 1G Stratus. Maybe on a 2G V6.