Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.

No shouts have been made in the Shoutbox, why don't you add one to get the Shoutbox started?

Photo

Horns, How many?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FelixNY

FelixNY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

How many "horns" does a 2002 Strauts? 

#2 Dylan214

Dylan214

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

Should have 2 hi tone and low tone,

#3 KennyL

KennyL

What am I? One of a kind.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:15 AM

Yes, pretty much all cars have two tones unless they have been modified with more horns.

#4 Dylan214

Dylan214

• Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:57 AM

Yeah I no the old cars had 2 so I guessed right then lol

#5 FelixNY

FelixNY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

So if it's 2, does that mean it has 2 individual ones? Hi/Lo ? I need to replace mine, so was wondering. And where would be a decent place to order them?

Thanks!

#6 KennyL

KennyL

What am I? One of a kind.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

They're actually one assembly, technically. You unbolt a bracket, just a couple of bolts, and then unplug the harness from the horns. Both come off as one assembly. That's likely how you'll buy the new ones if you're replacing with factory horns. If you do aftermarket, there's many options. Hella Supertone horns are popular, I think RagingSun runs them.

EDIT: That is, it's one assembly on the first generation Stratus. If you're a second gen, there are separate high and low tones but they just bolt on and wire up, you have to pull the front bumper cover off but then you'll see them. You should be able to tell which one is bad fairly easily. Just unplug one then sound the horn. If it still blows, that horn is good. If it doesn't, that one is bad.

Edited by KennyL, 06 April 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#7 RagingSun

RagingSun

1st gen 3.0 club

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:19 AM

I had super tones on my Volvo.i liked them. Stratus still has stock. Cause I like that they are mounted out of the way. The volvos were in the grill and you could see them.