Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox - sponsored by IRSmart's ToyBox! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

The Shoutbox is not intended for technical discussions. Please post your technical questions in the forums so that everyone can benefit.

No shouts have been made in the Shoutbox, why don't you add one to get the Shoutbox started?

Photo

South Central Members

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 sgtmyers88

sgtmyers88

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

Hello,

I have actually been anynomously browsing the forum for well over a year.

Finally got in today even though I am probably a few years too late.

Despite that fact, this place rocks! :yes:

Name:

sgtmyers88 = Joshua

Vehicles I own:

Blue 1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 2.5L V6 (R.I.P. 11/14/2013 due to accident)

White 1995 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 2.5L V6 (surviving vehicle under my care)

I go back and forth living in Springdale, Arkansas & Fort Worth, Texas

Fun Fact about myself:

Probably a first for this website, I actually chase clouds with my Cloud Cars. (Storm Chaser)

Edited by sgtmyers88, 05 August 2014 - 11:47 PM.

#122 StratusMank

StratusMank

Powerful 1G Was He!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

Welcome! I used to have a '95 White Cirrus LX V6. Traded it for the '00 Stratus which I am now restoring. I live in North Dallas. Ever have any questions about the car, shoot them my way. Again, welcome!

BTW, I goto Arkansas quite a bit. Have relatives in Tollette which is near Nashville, and Chidester which is near Camden. Have to look up where Springdale is.

#123 sgtmyers88

sgtmyers88

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

Thanks yeah I get around a bit. Lol Springdale is in the NW part of Arkansas. Since losing my '99 Cirrus something on my to do list is I am looking into finding a 98-00 Stratus ES model with the Autostick. Or another late model Cirrus and do the conversion to it since my '95 is not capable of the mod and suffered from constantly going into limp mode. I fixed the limp mode recently by swapping a TCM from a '96 model go figure.

Edited by sgtmyers88, 06 August 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#124 StratusMank

StratusMank

Powerful 1G Was He!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hard to find a Stratus that's in good shape these days. Member RagingSun added paddle shifters to his 98 ES so the mod can be done. He's around so I'm sure he'd be willing to help. The best mod for a 2.5l is to swap in a 3.0l from a 2G Stratus or Eclilse. It's a direct bolt on! That's what I got in mine. Just getting it back ok the road after 5 years of sitting. Can't wait to be behind the wheel again!

Edited by StratusMank, 06 August 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#125 sgtmyers88

sgtmyers88

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

I have read about those mods on the site a while back and I am quite impressed. And I have noticed it has been hard to find any decent 1G cloud cars and even harder to find the autostick components. However, I have heard that the shifter and TCM from the 2G cars might also work as I have seen that the shifter assembly from my '99 was carried over into the 2G cars up until '05 I believe.

As for the engine mods the '95 just turned over to 100k this year and has lots of life left in the motor. Bought it at a good price as the previous owner could not figure out the limp mode problem and it sat and was only driven short distances. He went as far as having the entire tranny rebuilt including the revised solenoid pack and sensors. He just wanted to get his money back that was put into the tranny. The overall condition was nearly pristine for a 20 year old car so I think I did good. Fortunately, I have seen used transmissions and engines for these cars as low as $250 bucks. I also know there was an Ad on craigslist for a junked '01 Stratus Coupe RT with the 3.0 selling for $500. I had considered doing a 3.0 swap as the 2.5L in the '99 was at 200k miles and started to puff blue smoke a bit when you really punched it. If I had not had the accident I was gonna do both the autostick and 3.0 in the future since I checked and saw that it was already wired for the autostick mod.

I read your project thread. Glad you managed to save the Stratus and got it running again after all that time! I saw another thread where a guy who was buying clouds and restoring them, that was pretty cool too. These cars are amazing for long road trips and have excellent handling despite the lazy 2nd-3rd gear when entering on ramps and the like.

Edited by sgtmyers88, 06 August 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#126 Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster

Radiating awesomeness...

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,964 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

My brother and I may have an Autostick shifter assembly and TCM in the parts shed...possibly an Autostick gauge cluster as well. Let me know if you want me to check.

#127 amerritt124

amerritt124

Member Level III

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

My local salvage yard had 3 autostick cars at once at one point. I took all the best parts to convert my car, but I think there is still a cluster and shifter there... I don't know if there is a good pcm on any of the cars left though. One was hit in the front end, so it would be no good, but I haven't been to the yard in a bit so I don't know what all is still there. I live in Wichita, Kansas.

#128 sgtmyers88

sgtmyers88

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Since I am currently working in DFW I just found this Ad on Craigslist today. It is a 2000 Dodge Stratus with the 2.4L and it has a clean looking body plus it has the autostick installed with the Sebring Limited indiglo instrument cluster. Too bad I just paid some bills. I wished I could talk this guy down on the price and snatch this car up.  http://dallas.craigs...4570372027.html

Edited by sgtmyers88, 07 August 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#129 RagingSun

RagingSun

1st gen 3.0 club

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

I want that cluster

#130 LEN671

LEN671

Just joined...

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

Haven't been on here in a long time. Haha.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, San Antonio/Cibolo, TX.
2000 Dodge Stratus ES 2.5L V6
A few mods and audio system
Car audio is my passion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk